One of the most said things in real estate is "location, location, location" but how do you know what "location" is best for you? This article has some great tips:
1) Trust your agent! Not only do they know the area, but they also talk to other real estate agents that know the area. So really, you are getting even more experience and knowledge.
2) Google. You know we all google everything anyway. So google the neighborhood and look at the satelite view of the area, check out local restaurants, find the newspaper for that area. There are a ton of different places to look for information (shameless plug alert–we will start featuring a neighborhood a week on our blog, so check back in the new year!)
3) Talk to neighbors. Walk around the neighborhood and talk to the people that are outside. This may not work so well in the winter, and you may not want to go door to door, but if you are driving around and see someone, say hi!
4) Visit at different times of the day. Check it out at night, and also during rush hour times. Its nice to know what your daily commute would look like.
5) Trust yourself. You know what fits into your lifestyle. Be sure to communicate that with your agent so they can help you find the best fit, in and outside your new front door.